August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Racing Postions Round the World

Hotswapping for Brocky Memorial Made Easy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hotswapping for Brocky Memorial Made Easy

Post by TheROOKIE on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I found this at another clans forum, hopefully before the big event we will have a chance to test this out

Hope it helps pirat

Driver Swap on Pit Procedure

The first thing both drivers need for hotswap is to have your setups named the same. It doesn't matter if they are different setups however the 2 drivers need to call them the same name within the game and set them as the Default setup. Easy.

The only key both drivers need to assign is a "Passenger Select" key. No other shortcuts are required

Driver 1 will be in the race while drivers 2 will be a spectator, So you both need to know how to enter a server in spectator mode. Easy

Driver 1 starts the race, does his stint. Close to the time you are scheduled for a pit stop, driver 2 enters the server as a spectator, at this stage you simply click on your team names name in the list of drivers racing, and select "Race" This will make you a passenger of your team car. This is all the spectator needs to do

At this stage driver 1 who is about to pit, selects you as a driver in the pit menu board. It is usually not available in normal races however you will see that you can now scroll between yourself and your co-driver. Selecting the other driver tells the game you are going to hotswap

Driver 1 now enters the pits as per normal and pulls into the pit bay. The game does the rest, there will be a count down for driver 2 to take control of the car and away you go. Don't forget to select 1st gear as soon as you take control.

Driver 1 now becomes a spectator automatically. Driver 1 can now exit the server, have a pee, smoke, whatever before re-entering the server as a spectator and complete the above for the second swap.
TheROOKIE
Life Member
Life Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hotswapping for Brocky Memorial Made Easy

Post by JadeShark on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:28 am

Works on paper
And is the basics
JadeShark
Life Member
Life Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:57 am

Is there a possibility to save your setup as the default set so that if it inadvertently loads the default set during Hotswap yr still good-to-go.
Searched under default, factory and svm with no joy.
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OzSquizza on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:30 pm

If you click load and then assign, it makes it your default setup....................

OzSquizza
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Thats not what I mean Squizza.
If you load Default setup it is not the setup you have assigned..I want my default setup to be my loaded/assigned setup. I have been in an Enduro where the default setup loaded at hotswap and it was undriveable.
But thanks anyway m8.
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Before hitting the RACE button, the incoming driver hits his Passenger Select button so that he is "Riding with You" .. then the driver hits Request Pit and selects the incoming driver's name.

Then sometime before the driver hits the pitbox the incoming driver clicks on RACE and patiently waits to take over.

One thing to always remember is to let the timer count down.. then add another second yourself before driving off.. it is the safest way to do it and be mostly sure of no disconnect.

Once a driver is out of the car he hits Escape and Passenger Select to insure he is "No Longer Riding with You".

This is exactly how Butakup and I have been doing it for the past 3.5 years with only one ever disconnect at my end.

I have always read that drivers must have the same setup assigned to avoid disconnection issues creeping in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop on Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:01 pm

From what I understand, unless separate setups is enabled on the server (and I don't think that's the case here) both drivers need to run the same setup (or it may load the default setup), it must be named the same in both (all) driver's game and it should be assigned. That's what I have always done and never had a setup problem.

If separate setups are enabled on the server then the procedure to set both games up so it works is rather complicated which is why most events don't use the option.

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Righto I will try this 1 more time. Blaktop mentioned
Blaktop wrote: both drivers need to run the same setup (or it may load the default setup)
So lets say Hypothetically somehow one of the drivers accidentally changes his setup or has the wrong setup assigned
Blaktop wrote:it may load the default setup
so then how can you make the race setup THE DEFAULT SETUP.
I don't think you can but I thought I would ask the question.
Good grief Rolling Eyes
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Pits on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:15 am

Things I've spotted

1. You must get in the car as it is pitting in-bay and on the countdown, if not you can drive but will start in garage and on the default setup.

2. If you select "P" (for Passenger Select) on any other driver apart from your own teamy you run the risk of going to default car for yourself and him "him" will not be happy about this, so if you stay in-game select "P" on your teamy and leave it, it will remember all race. So highlight your Teamy before hitting "P"

3. Don't fight the first lap or it could be a quick race and don't worry if you are running laps of 2.12-13's they are enough with no damage to get a podium from what I've seen.

There is a 4 but Ive just forgotten and it was important.

ORA-Pits
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ORA-Oldie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:32 am

Skids, you can't replace the game's default settings with your own setup. But as you know assigning it does make it your default.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaktop on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:22 am

I knew what you were asking Skids and thought it had been answered. I was just trying to explain the safe way not to get the game default loaded.

Blaktop
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Schids on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:53 am

Old Frt wrote:Skids, you can't replace the game's default settings with your own setup. But as you know assigning it does make it your default.
Damn....would be good if you could...one less thing to go awry
Schids
Life Member
Life Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: